VOLUNTEERS HELP WITH THE REPAIRS
Our A Brush With Kindness program allows unpaid volunteers to perform the affordable work for our eligible homeowners.
The volunteers who work on the home are unpaid volunteers. A few, if any of them, are trained in the building trades and may be unskilled or have had previous experience.
Please make sure that you meet all the criteria and eligibility requirements.
Please look down below to read the descriptions.
- Own and occupy a home that needs and could benefit from short-term exterior improvements.
- Meet income guidelines (of the current year) for those who are in need of labor AND materials.
- Be willing to work with Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties.
- Be unable to complete projects due to age, disability, or other circumstances.
|Family Size||Gross annual|
- Fill out all of the application
- Fill in the blanks
- If the question doesn’t apply to you, you may mark N/A or leave it blank
- Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered
- Attach additional sheets as needed
- Send or upload additional documents
- Sign and date the authorization and release forms
- If there are co-applications, both must sign
For those needing labor AND materials, please upload or send copies of the following documents:
- Your newest income tax return.
- If you did not file taxes for this past year, please provide a letter, signed by you, that states you did not file taxes and the reason why.
- Your last 2 paycheck stubs or other proof of income.
- You last 2 bank statements showing all checking, saving, and loan balances.
- If you do not have a bank account, please write that on the application.
- Proof of child support and/or public assistance if you receive them.
- This includes SSI, TANF, Social Security, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Proof of home ownership.
- Deed of Trust or recent property tax receipt will be sufficient.
- Home must be in Weber and Davis Counties, since this is our service area.
- Must not be any liens against the property other than mortgage liens.
- Homeowner must be current on insurance and property taxes at time of repairs and through repayment period.
- Applicant must be a homeowner, must live in the home, and the home must be the homeowner’s primary residence.
- Home cannot be used in a manner that violates local, state, and federal law.
- At the time of selection, homeowner must intend to continue to reside in the home as primary residence for at least the next three years.
- Family must agree to continue to maintain the home to the best of their ability (keep neat, clean, and in good repair) so as not to reduce its value or that of the neighborhood.
Applications can be downloaded and mailed to our main office OR they can be filled out below online. Remember to submit this application to our main office by mail to 859 W Hill Field Road Layton UT 84041.
**Las solicitudes se pueden descargar y enviar por correo a nuestra oficina principal O se puede completar a continuación en línea. Recuerde enviar esta solicitude a nuestra oficina principal por correo a 859 W Hill Field Road Layton UT 84041**