HABITAT HOMES ARE...
OUR HABITAT PARTNER FAMILIES
When selected for a Habitat Home, our partner families put in over 300 to 500 “sweat equity” hours by doing volunteer work or working directly on their home. After receiving the Habitat Home, our homeowners pay a 0%-interest mortgage for their home at an affordable monthly payment.
3 CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING OUR FAMILIES
The process may take several weeks if not months to complete. These are the several steps that must be completed:
- INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS HELD
First of all, interested applicants must attend a required informational class. During this meeting, the Family Services Committee will explain the housing process, requirements, and opportunities. Additionally, applications will be distributed at this time and questions will be answered.
- APPLICATIONS ARE SUBMITTED AND REVIEWED
DO NOT turn in an application if you have not gone to a required informational class from HFHWD. Applications may be filled out online or printed out and filled. Applications may be dropped off or mailed to our main office on or before the deadline. Our Family Services Committee then reviews applications for completeness. Applicants will be verified and determined if they are eligible.
- HOME INTERVIEWS
Third of all, members of the Family Services Committee will schedule home interviews. This will allow the committee to verify eligibility.
- PRESENTATION TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Furthermore, eligible applicants are presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- SELECTION OF PARTNER FAMILY
Lastly, eligible applicants are chosen to become Habitat partner families. These homeowners join the Habitat Family Partnership Program. Habitat partner families will first attend first-time home buyer courses and budgeting classes. Habitat partner families will start to apply and complete their “sweat equity” hours.
*Subject to change*
|Family Size||Gross annual household income|
Enclose copies of the following documents (DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS) with the application. Either upload the copies or send directly by mail to our main office.
- Your latest income tax return. If you did not file taxes for the year, please provide a letter, signed by you, that states you did not file taxes and the reason why.
- Your last 2 paycheck stubs or other proof of income.
- Your last 2 bank statements showing all checking, savings, and loan balances. If you do not have a bank account, please write that on your application.
- Proof of child support and/or public assistance (such as SSI, TANF, Social Security, disability, food stamps, etc.) if you receive them.
- Proof of home ownership or other documentation of your current living situation. This may include recent property tax receipt or Deed of Trust.
Applications can be downloaded and mailed to our main office OR they can be filled out below online. Remember to submit this application to our main office by mail to 2955 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202 Ogden UT 84403.
**Las solicitudes se pueden descargar y enviar por correo a nuestra oficina principal O se puede completar a continuación en línea. Recuerde enviar esta solicitude a nuestra oficina principal por correo a 2955 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202 Ogden UT 84403**